Why a daughter needs her daddy
I just want to highlight a few he
1. Love her mom. Treat her mother with respect, honor, and a big heaping spoonful of public displays of affection. When she grows up, the odds are good she’ll fall in love with and marry someone who treats her much like you treated her mother.
2. Always be there. Quality time doesn’t happen without quantity time. Hang out together for no other reason than just to be in each other’s presence. Be genuinely interested in the things that interest her. She needs her dad to be involved in her life at every stage. Don’t just sit idly by while she add years to her… add life to her years.
3. Save the day. She’ll grow up looking for a hero. It might as well be you. She’ll need you to come through for her over and over again throughout her life. Rise to the occasion.
8. Tell her she’s beautiful. Say it over and over again. Someday an animated movie or “beauty” magazine will try to convince her otherwise
15. Dance with her. Start when she’s a little girl or even when she’s a baby. Don’t wait ‘til her wedding day. Do I spend nights wondering who will walk me down the aisle?
42. Let her know she can always come home. No matter what. Packing my stuff in boxes and throwing me out at 16 probably wasn't your best call.
43. Remember, just like a butterfly, she too will spread her wings and fly some day. Enjoy her caterpillar years.
50. Today she’s walking down the driveway to get on the school bus. Tomorrow she’s going off to college. Don’t blink.
Do I miss him? Each and every day. Thanks dad, thanks for being there the first 15 years of my life anyways.
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down... probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you have never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back."