After months of planning, the Ohio Blogger Meet 'n Greet finally became a reality! Ladies flocked from Cincinnati and Cleveland for the day to attend. Zauber Brewing Co. of Columbus so graciously accommodated a wild pack of 25 women, in the midst of the Columbia-Greece World Cup. The bartender informed us,upon arrival that all drinks would be on special during the soccer game, so we all were of course quickly game.
This was the perfect opportunity to network with like-minded individuals and chat about our passions. It was so neat to match faces with blogs as I greeted each gal walking in the door. I could see myself being real life friends with so many of them! My only regret was forgetting to make legit business cards to easily keep in touch with everyone after the event!
A special thanks to my fabulous co-hostess and real life bloggy crush, Holly for helping make this a reality!
Check out the vast array of local beers on tap. Drink up, ladies!
I was greeted with a special cocktail of my choice, compliments of Zauber. The Lemon Shakeup and C-Boss reminiscent of my hometown hit the spot.
Amanda, my Columbus crush
The gang's all here!
We took our talents to Digfest in Grandview Yard for the after party! Such a beautiful day full of local beers, wines, liquor, and food.
I had all the attendees fill out a Blating Profile to get to know each other, then drew a few randoms for fun door prizes! Here's mine.
The Blating Game
1. How long have you been blogging? 3.5 years
2. Niche? Lifestyle --> Travel
3. Describe your blog in 3 words: Quirky, eclectic, empowering
4. Current Blog crush: But First, Coffee
5. Blogger or Wordpress?
6. Do your friends in real life know you blog? I’m finally out of the closet completely! Na na na!
7. Do you have babies? Fur babies? Pomeranian- Jack Bear
8. Favorite part of blogging: Fame (jk) All the superb friendships I've made...some even better than real life relationships. Only a blogger would understand that one ;)
9. What’s your favorite blogger trend? Macaroons, top buns, statement necklaces, chevron, tribal print, ampersands, arm parties, gold glitz
10. To shave or to wear a maxi skirt? (Obviously I crafted this question and we all know the correct answer. Sorry Elliot!)
11. How early is too early for wine? (This question was my doing, too) Never o’ clock
12. Best blog advice you’ve ever received? Quality over quantity! Don't feel obligated to post daily if you are feeling uninspired. Would the post people see when they first view your page be the first impression you would like conveyed of yourself and your blog?
I was uber excited for an excuse to take my new baby for a whirl. There are only so many photos of downtown Columbus trees & wildlife one can shoot in a week. Yep, I'm in love with a DSLR.
Anddd I must leave you with this, because Holly is the absolute cutest.