A fashionista’s guide to the best addresses in Málaga, Marbella and beyond
While the large towns and cities across Spain’s beautiful Costa del Sol have their fair share of department stores, shopping centres and high street giants, the real joy of shopping here are the hundreds of hidden gems and independent boutiques where unique treasures are awaiting discovery. Which is great news if you’re planning to travel to CLC World’s Costa del Sol resorts and are looking for those special one-of-a-kind finds that are guaranteed to make all of your friends back home jealous!
Vintage finds in Málaga
Málaga is well known for its vintage shops and high-quality designer boutiques. Retro lovers will be spoilt for choice by the range and quality on offer across the city. Málaga’s best vintage shops such as Quasipercaso, tend to be tucked away from the main streets and are sometimes a little hard to find, so make sure you have Google Maps handy (although of course, stumbling across a hidden gem by chance always makes it an extra special discovery!).
If you really like to get your money’s worth – and have space in your suitcase – pay a visit to Flamingos Vintage Kilo where, you guessed it, clothes are priced by weight rather than individually. This is a great way to pick up some real bargains and is perfect if you like to upcycle vintage pieces with custom alterations.
High fashion in Marbella
Glamorous Marbella is where you will find all of the best designer stores on the Costa del Sol. Burberry, Gucci and Louis Vuitton are just some of the luxury labels you can expect to encounter. Most of these exclusive boutiques are located around Puerto Banús, which attracts a high-profile clientele of socialites and superyachts.
If you’re looking to brighten up your wardrobe with fashion finds not available in the UK, be sure to visit Uterqüe in Parque Comercial La Cañada. This Spanish label is owned by the same fashion house as Zara and Massimo Dutti and delivers smart fashion for both work and play back home.
Away from the larger stores and shopping centres, Marbella’s beautiful narrow streets are a great place to lose yourself for a few hours as you browse its independent boutiques overflowing with exquisite pieces made by local craftsmen.
Fashion’s little black book
Five of the best addresses on the Costa del Sol, as favoured by local fashionistas:
- Sabina Moda&Complementos in Málaga (Calle la Unión, 50) has racks of pretty dresses and fun, bright playsuits that epitomise Costa del Sol coastal living.
- Shapó Olé in San Pedro Alcántara (Calle Copo 3, Local Bajo 1) is perfect for those one-off pieces of jewellery and limited edition clothes that you won’t find anywhere else
- Jaki’s Boutique in Nerja (Calle Diputacion Provincial) has your chic beach look for a Costa del Sol summer sorted with lots of flowy, bright prints.
- MOSS (Calle Peral, 18) in Marbella has lots of floaty summer dresses that look fantastic against the white-washed backdrop of Marbella’s old town.
- Wonkey Donkey in Nerja (Calle el Barrio) specialises in children’s fair trade fashion and accessories for that cute souvenir of your holiday.
Where to Stay
CLC World’s resorts and their spacious self-catering accommodation on the Costa del Sol are the perfect base for discovering all the highlights of this sparkling coast. For the fashion conscious, the uniform is definitely casual beachwear for days spent lounging by one of the 21 pools on resort or the sandy beaches nearby. If you need any excuse to dress up, there’s plenty of on-resort dining and nightly entertainment options – so you don’t have to wait until you get home to show off your new purchases!